The main cast has been revealed for Teiichi no Kuni (“Teiichi’s Country”), an upcoming live-action film adaptation based on the manga by Usamaru Furuya (Lychee Light Club).
The cast of Teiichi no Kuni includes:
- Masaki Suda as Teiichi Akaba.
- Ryo Kimura as Keigo Douyama.
- Shotaro Mamiya as Rorando Himura.
- Ryoma Takeuchi as Dan Otaka.
- Jun Shison as Komei Sakakibara.
- Yudai Chiba as Okuto Morizo.
- Mei Nagano as Mimiko Shiratori.
- And Shohei Nomura as Kikuma Togo.
The story of Teiichi no Kuni involves Teiichi Akaba, an ambitious high school student who aims to be prime minister of Japan when he grows up. To further this goal, Teiichi runs for student council president, but his high school is filled with the children of political elites, and a vicious power struggle immediately ensues. What lengths will Teiichi go to in order to achieve his dream?
The original Teiichi no Kuni manga was serialized from June 2010 – May 2016 in Shueisha’s Jump Square shōnen manga magazine. The Teiichi no Kuni live-action film is directed by Akira Nagai. It hits theaters in Japan on April 29, 2017.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.